When buying or selling a property in Garden City, it is important that you know some tips in choosing a Garden City New York real estate agent. Although there are several factors that would contribute to the success of your hunt for buyers or sellers depending on your needs, the search would be easier with the right real estate agent. Some tips that would help you get the right agent are the following:
• Contact previous clients. One way to find out if a real estate agent is effective is by talking with his previous clients. Ask for contact information of the agent’s clients for the last six months. Before calling the previous clients, be ready with your questions such as how much they paid for the real estate agent and if it was worth it (i.e. if they were satisfied with the job). You might also want to know how long their properties stayed in the market before the agent sold them and if the agent was professional in dealing with them.
• Check for licenses. Before you seal a deal with a Garden City New York real estate agent, make time to look him up on your state’s board. Although at a glance this could be time-consuming, this could also be very beneficial to you since the state’s board posts information about real estate agents, their licenses, and disciplinary action filed against them, if any. This will give you an idea if the agent you are looking at is licensed and competent.
• Check for credentials. Real estate agents have their own specializations. To ensure that you are talking with the right agent, be specific as to what you are looking for. There are certified residential specialists, senior’s real estate specialists, and accredited buyer’s representatives. Research on the type of agent that is suitable to your needs.
• Find out how long the real estate agent has been in the industry. Preferably, get a Garden City New York real estate agent who has been in the industry for at least five years. A solid experience guarantees greater likelihood of satisfactory results. You can get the information straight from the real estate agent or you can consult the state licensing authority in your area. This information will tell you if the real estate agent has a specialty and the price range expected based on his expertise.
• Check out the current listings. By looking at the current listings, you will find out the types of homes that are the forte of the real estate agent. If the agent is good at selling the type of property you have, then you can be in good hands. The agent’s expertise should be one of your bases in hiring him. You can check out current listings from online sources and your local newspaper.
Buying or selling a house is a major decision that includes finances which is why it should be given ample attention. Overlooking some small details could result in financial loss or a bad property that you would endure while you are living in it. Choose a real estate agent carefully to get the right property suitable to your needs. If you are selling a house, getting an expert real estate agent would mean getting the most profit out of your property.
You need to know what type of properties and certain renovation methods can catch your clients’ fancy visit li realeastefinder